Whenever I want to prepare a special dish, I like to discover recipes by the internationally renowned Chef Gordon Ramsay. This particular gourmet recipe only has three main ingredients, but tastes amazing. It is important to use the freshest ingredients for this dish.
Prep Time: 20 minutes Yield: 2 servings
- 6 large scallops
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cut into matchsticks
- lamb’s lettuce or mixed field greens (for 2 servings—about 3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- juice of half a lemon
- salt and freshly ground pepper
Salad Dressing Ingredients:
- juice and zest of half a lemon
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Heat oil in pan on medium-high heat.
- Season scallops with salt and pepper and lay them clockwise, so you can remember which ones to flip first.
- Flip scallops when they turn golden brown on the bottom. When both sides are a nice golden brown colour, add lemon juice to pan, making sure to coat the scallops with the lemon juice.
- Place mixed greens and apple sticks in a bowl. Combine dressing ingredients, mix well and add to salad.
- Plate scallops with salad and garnish with extra lemon zest.
You can actually view the master chef bring this dish to life on the video below: