This is a delicious fall dessert that tastes like apple pie, but is really super easy to prepare. It’s one of my favourite desserts.
Prep Time: approximately 15 minutes Yields: 2 servings
- 2 crisp red apples (your choice)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 caramel candies
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut off the top of the apples.
- Scoop out the apple core.
- With a small knife, cut slits around the apple to create two, deep circles.
- Turn the apple over and cut sections all around on the apple’s skin; a blooming flower petal effect.
- Place apple in upright position.
- In a small bowl, microwave the brown sugar and butter until butter melts (about 10-15 seconds).
- Remove the bowl from the microwave.
- Add the flour and cinnamon to the mixture and stir well.
- Place apples in an ovenproof bake ware dish.
- Drop a caramel in each apple’s center.
- Spread the microwave mixture over the top of both apples.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Remove the baked apples onto individual small plates.
- Immediately top the blooming apples with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Watch the short video below before preparing this absolutely delicious recipe: