Many women suffer from discoloured yellow nails. Even though it is an embarrassing problem, it can be easily remedied with lemon juice.
The discoloured nails are caused by prolonged wear of nail polish. The pigments used in nail polish, particularly darker shades, can stain the nails.
As a natural bleaching agent, lemon juice can effectively remove the yellow staining from your nails.
Steps for Removing Yellow Stains from Nails:
- Fill a small bowl with fresh lemon juice.
- Soak the stained nails for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Use a soft toothbrush to gently scrub the yellow discolouration from the nails.
- Rinse your hands with warm water.
- Apply moisturizing lotion to nails and hands.
- Follow regime twice daily until you get rid of the discolouration.
Remember, to prevent nail discolouration in the future, make sure to apply a clear base coat before your favourite nail polish colour.