Jojoba oil is a pure and natural plant extract produced from the seed of the Jojoba (Simmondsia Chinenis) plant. The jojoba plant is indigenous to southern Arizona, southern California, and northwestern Mexico. Jojoba oil is technically a liquid wax that has similar properties to human skin oil.
Jojoba oil is commonly used as a skin moisturizer, make up remover, lip and cuticle softener. Jojoba oil leaves the skin soft and smooth after shaving. Other applications of jojoba oil include the treatment of acne, psoriasis, and sunburn. It is also used to promote hair regrowth, which is an important factor for people that are bald or suffer from hair loss.
Jojoba Oil Applications
- Facial and Body Moisturizing: Place a few drops in your palms and massage your face or body before bedtime or after a shower.
- Makeup Removal: Apply a few drops of jojoba oil to a cotton pad and gently wipe away make-up and mascara.
- Lip balm: Apply to lips with your regular lip balm to treat your dry or chapped lips.
- Nail treatment: Rub the oil on and around your fingernails and cuticles.
- Hair treatment: Apply jojoba oil to the ends of your hair, or add a few drops to your regular conditioner after shampooing.
- Shaving moisturizer: Applying jojoba oil before shaving will leave your skin silky smooth.