Coconut oil makes hair radiant and healthy. It is 100% natural and is also free of silicone, alcohol, and other chemicals usually added to commercial hair oil treatment products. Coconut oil is not only rich in carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals, but also moisturizes, strengthens, nourishes and protects the hair.
Coconut Oil Hair Treatment Steps
- Measure 3 to 5 tablespoons of unrefined coconut oil into a microwave-safe bowl. The quantity of coconut oil you will require depends on the length and thickness of your hair.
- Heat the coconut oil in the microwave. Heat for about 30 seconds. Then stir oil and heat again for another 30 seconds, if necessary, or until the oil has melted.
- Remove oil from microwave and allow to cool down. Prepare to apply oil treatment.
- Drape a large and old bath towel around your shoulders. The towel will prevent excessive dripping of oil onto your clothes and floor.
- Rub the coconut oil into your hair. Pour the oil in your palm and massage generous amounts of the oil into your hair and scalp.
- Put on a plastic shower cap after you have finished massaging the oil into your hair.
- Keep oil in hair for at least 2 hours. The longer you keep it in your hair, the more conditioned your hair will be.
- Remove plastic shower cap and shampoo. Wash hair two or three times, until it no longer feels oily.
- Dry hair. Blow dry your hair to see the lustrous and healthy effects of the coconut oil conditioning treatment.